Friday, December 01, 2006

gettin' into gear...


Oh wow...December 1st already. I'm behind this year. I prefer to be better prepared for Christmas by this time, but it just didn't happen this year. So I gotta step it up a bit.

I love magazines, but especially during the holidays. Sooooo many great inspirations. The Quilts and More has a really cute handbag that I've GOT to make. Hillary of Wee Wonderfuls has adorable ornaments/package decorations in Cutting Edge...my jingle bells are ready and waiting.

And the Martha Stewart Holiday Handmade Gifts...oh my...where to begin??!! So many great things in there. I love the first paragraph of the Editor's Letter:

"It's the thought that counts. In the hectic run-up to the holidays, I find myself coming back again and again to this powerful bit of conventional wisdom for some much-needed perspective. The thoughtfulness behind an act of giving really shines through when the gift has a personal touch. Even the humblest offerings - a recycled tin packed with home-baked cookies or a bar of handmade soap tied with a soft washcloth and a snippet of satin ribbon - are real treasures because they're from the heart, and the hands, of the giver."
I'm trying to be realistic and honest with myself as to what I can really get done in time. So, there will be some editing of my holiday to-do list, I'm sure.

Well, back to the sewing machine!

No comments: