Monday, October 30, 2006

getting ready for Halloween...




Here's the extent of our Halloween decorating. Yes, that's right...just two jack-o-lanterns. These were crafted over the weekend.

I'll let you in on a (not-so-secret) secret....ready?...I don't like Halloween. Now please don't throw rotten eggs and tomatoes at me! I just don't care about it. Never really have. Oh, of course I dressed up as a kid and went trick-or-treating. (There's a rule somewhere that says you have to, right??) But honestly, I don't remember going for too many years. It just doesn't appeal to me. I could really get on a soapbox here...but I'll spare you.

Having an 8-yr old daughter, I have to "play along" somewhat, although she knows this is a holiday I could do without. But of course she thinks it's fun to dress up, have a school party, and trick-or-treat. Oh...what a mother won't do!!

No comments: