Thursday, January 11, 2007

OUCH!!!

Double OUCH!! And that's putting it mildly. Here's the scoop:

Yesterday, we'd had snow overnight and school was on a 2-hour delay. (Lee always takes Morgan to school on his way to work.) So I needed to take her to school. I went out to sweep the walk, continued down the driveway, and cleaned off the car and let it warm up. Then I made sure I could get the back door open - the latch is messed up and it's tricky...and of course it was mostly frozen, I had a hard time with it. Well, as I turned around to head back to the house....walking was excrutiatingly painful...I couldn't even stand up straight. But I *had* to fight through it and get the Mo to school.

When I got home and walked into the house I was completely in tears, yelping in pain. I called Lee and told him I needed to go to the chiropractor.

Long story short - I have a severe sprain/strain to the lumbar and sacral regions and a displaced tailbone. Yikes!!! My chiro could barely adjust me because my muscles were in such spasms. His office is closed on Thursdays, so I have to go back tomorrow for more adjusting.

I'm not real hip on taking a lot of meds, but I must say that I'm quite thankful for my left-over percocet from my kidney stone last year.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry about your accident. Hope you feel better soon.

Terri said...

Are you feeling better yet? My husband gets terrible back aches from time to time,so I really feel for you!
Take care!
Terri

Anonymous said...

thank you for visiting my blog.

Hope you're feeling better soon... a sore back makes everything sore... look after yourself!