Monday, November 20, 2006

yummy fabrics and buttons...



A recent shopping trip yielded some good finds. I went to a local quilt shop and got several gorgeous fat quarters.


And I also took a short trip up the interstate to a shop in Fairmont I've never been to. It is mostly upholstery fabrics and foams, but on one side they have an interesting selection of quilting fabrics, stencils, and other interesting odds-n-ends. Found some good fabrics there, too. Ooooh, and they have two large plastic tubs full of buttons, by the piece or by the pound. It was heaven sifting through all those buttons! I really could have spent even longer, but my time was running short. I managed to find several of the red/white buttons in two sizes, and couldn't pass them up. And I thought the ones with the black and white honeycomb design were really unique. Can you believe all these buttons only cost me 19 cents?! Definitely won't be my only trip to that well-kept-secret!

No comments: